As the warmer months are approaching the Orbit staff are moving outdoors and putting spending some quality time with friends and family having picnic’s… This week we want you to have a picnic with family and friends and try our gourmet sandwich recipes…!
Herbed Chicken and Hot-Pepper Sandwiches
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3tablespoonslemon juice
- 1/3 cupolive oil
- 3 teaspoons rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 100g hot salami, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pickled hot capsicum, thinly sliced
- 250g fontina cheese, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 4 (10-inch) baguettes
Roast the chicken:
- Place the chicken, lemon juice, olive oil, 2 teaspoons rosemary, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish
- Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and roast until cooked through — about 25 minutes. Thinly slice the chicken breasts; set aside.
Make the sandwiches:
- Split each of the baguettes horizontally using a serrated knife.
- Stir the mayonnaise and remaining rosemary together and spread on each slice.
- Layer the salami, capsicums, chicken, and fontina on half of the sliced baguettes.
- Top each sandwich with the remaining slices, cut in half, and serve.
Lobster finger sandwiches
Makes- 18 Ingredients
- 1/2 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 large lime, rind finely grated and 1 tablespoon juice
- 1 large lobster, meat removed, finely chopped
- 9 slices white sandwich bread
- 9 slices wholemeal sandwich bread
- 60g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups alfalfa sprigs
- Combine mayonnaise, lime rind, lime juice and salt and pepper in a bowl. Place 3 slices of white and 3 slices of wholemeal bread on a flat surface. Spread liberally with lime mayonnaise and top with chopped lobster.
- Butter both sides of 3 slices of white and 3 slices of wholemeal bread and place wholemeal slices on white topped slices, and white bread over wholemeal topped slices. Press to secure.
- Place alfalfa on sandwiches. Spread remaining mayonnaise mixture onto one side of remaining slices of bread.
- Place bread, mayonnaise side down over alfalfa with white bread over wholemeal and wholemeal over white bread.
- Press to secure. Trim crusts from sandwiches and cut sandwiches into 3 fingers.
- Place on a platter. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until required.