by Orbit Homes
Christmas Recipe – Barbecued seafood with truffled mash
What better way to eat at Christmas than with tasty seafood, whether it is fresh or cooked or on the BBQ we love our seafood... Check out this perfect Aussie Christmas recipe:
Barbecued seafood with truffled mash:
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 4 scampi (see note), halved lengthways, cleaned
- 8 large green prawns, peeled (heads and tails intact), deveined
- 8 large scallops without roe
- 1-2 tsp truffle salt (see note) (optional)
- Dressed watercress sprigs, to serve Truffled mash:
- 500g pontiac or desiree potatoes, peeled
- 80g unsalted butter • 50ml thickened cream
- 1 tbs truffle oil (see note), plus extra to drizzle
Method & Notes:
- Combine the olive oil, garlic, parsley and lemon zest and juice in a large bowl. Add the scampi, prawns and scallops, turning to coat in the mixture, then cover and marinate in the fridge while you prepare the truffled mash.
- For the mash, steam or cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain, then pass through a potato ricer or mash until smooth. Add the butter, cream and truffle oil, stirring to combine, then season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover and keep warm.
- Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue on medium-high heat. In batches if necessary, cook the prawns and scampi for 2 minutes on each side until cooked through. Add the scallops for the final minute, turning after 30 seconds, until scallops are golden on the outside but still slightly translucent inside.
- To serve, divide the truffled mash among plates, then drizzle with extra truffle oil. Top with the prawns, scampi and scallops, then serve with watercress leaves and lemon wedges, with truffle salt to sprinkle, if desired.